Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Diving back in to the blog in the eye of the storm!

It's back to the blog!  I enjoyed my little start in the past, and although life and my own silly mind got in the way, I'm happy to be back writing.  What a better time to dive in than right in the middle of the chaos this week, right?  Many call this week one of the busiest in Hollywood, with the Oscar nominations dropping early Thursday morning in addition to the Critics' Choice Movie Awards that evening.

2014 seemed to get some flack for not being a "great" film year in some circles, but I have to disagree.  The first half of the year didn't have a ton that truly popped for me personally, but once "Boyhood" hit, my brain woke up and I was ready to take on the rest of the year.  I'm catching up on a few more films before I make a final top ten favorite films list this week, but in a year with films like "Gone Girl" and "Selma" out there, I can't complain.  No matter what your taste is, I truly believe that if you dig down and look hard, you will find films to be seen that may contain something you connect with.  Go small, go forgotten, ask a friend what they liked.  There is stuff there.  I will post some final Oscar predictions tomorrow.  Who are you rooting for this year?

I will also be getting back and chugging along on Twitter.  You can follow me there @joshuamclement

No comments:

Post a Comment