Monday, November 28, 2011

A Beginning

"Life is like the surf, so give yourself away like the sea."  -Y Tu Mamá También


I thought it would be appropriate to begin my new blog adventure with a quote from one of my favorite films.  Although I have listened to this line said several times in Spanish (a language I don't speak) and have read it on screen in subtitles, it never fails to make me stop for a second and cherish what it says.  It's a pretty crazy world out there most of the time, but I truly believe that people are capable of finding great happiness when they devote themselves to something they feel passionate about.  I hope to be able to voice my passion for film here and I look forward to the experiences in a theatre, at home or with a friend where I am able to get lost in the images and sounds of it all.  Time to jump into the blur....

No comments:

Post a Comment